17 October 2015

Yesterday, General Allison Hickey tendered her resignation to Secretary McDonald, leaving the position of Under Secretary for Benefits which she held for the last four years.

Some veterans groups have called for this, while others accept it "but with no joy in the news."

For me, I don't know of anything that would justify any loss of respect or appreciation for her 30 years in uniform and service to the veterans of America as Under Secretary for Benefits. I do know hers was a virtually thankless job, one in which no amount of success can overcome institutional barriers facing everyone in VA.

Responding to my farewell note to her, this morning she took a moment to write:

Wes

I am so very proud of all we have accomplished together for Veterans--especially my brother and sister Airmen who flew C-123s.
Keep in touch! 
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share? Nothing commercial or off-topic, please.