27 November 2015

Tricare Can Pay for Medical Travel for C-123 Vets With Agent Orange Illnesses*

Combat-Related Special Compensation Travel Benefit - offered to C-123 Vets who are military retirees with Agent Orange Illnesses!

Are you a retired military?
Were you awarded Combat-Related Special Compensation? CRSC is available for Agent Orange-related illnesses such as prostate cancer, IHD, diabetes, soft tissue sarcoma, ALS and other problems.
If you answered yes to both of these questions, you probably qualify for the combat-related special compensation (CRSC) travel benefit.

What is the CRSC Travel Benefit?

If you have to travel more than 100 miles for specialty care related to your combat-related disability, the CRSC travel benefit reimburses your travel expensesThe actual costs incurred while traveling, including meals, gas, tolls, parking and tickets for public transportation (i.e., airplane, train, bus, etc.).. If you need to see a specialist but need to travel 100 miles or more...Tricare can cover your expenses.

How do you qualify for the benefit?

To qualify, you must:
  • Get retired pay 
  • Be awarded a CRSC determination letter from AFMC’s CRSC Board identifying your combat-related disability or disabilities
  • Live in the United States
  • Be covered by TRICARE Standard and Extra or TRICARE For Life
  • Get a referral from your provider for specialty care related to the combat-related disability
  • Travel more than 100 miles from your referring provider's office to get the care
Note: If you're enrolled in TRICARE Prime or the US Family Health Plan, you qualify for the TRICARE Prime Travel Benefit, so you won't qualify for the CRSC Travel Benefit.

What can be reimbursed?

Only costs for actual travel expenses such as lodging, fuel (rather than mileage), meals, parking, tolls or other costs associated with getting the specialty care.
  • You must use the least costly mode of transportation 
  • Government rates are used to estimate the reasonable costs for allowable expenses
Please contact your TRICARE Regional Office for more information about reimbursable expenses and authorization requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share? Nothing commercial or off-topic, please.