28 February 2016

My VA Disability Claim – Five years of Waiting

I have an anniversary today, and two more on Tuesday.

On 28 February 1991 I was injured while deployed to the Gulf, hurting my neck and back. On the last day of the Persian Gulf War...lucky me. I never did have a good sense of timing.

The other two anniversaries on Tuesday relate to the first:
1. Tuesday marks five years since my VA disability claim was submitted.
2. Tuesday also marks the third year that my denied VA disability claim has been sitting on some desk at the Department of Veterans Affairs, waiting for an appeal.

Three years waiting for an appeal to progress to the Board of Veterans Appeals is in the range for a decision...although on average I should expect about another year yet.

Thank God for TriCare to meet my medical needs these last years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share? Nothing commercial or off-topic, please.